30 Days of Denim – Day Thirteen

Today’s inspiration is out of my comfort zone. But I guess that’s a little bit of what this project is about, isn’t it?

So let’s do this:

SOURCE

I like this for all the obvious reasons: it looks comofortable, casual and stylish – the holy trinity, yes? But my version is pretty form-fitting and that is still taking a bit of a fake it til I make it kind of confidence to pull off.

Here’s what I came up with:

P1030846

Let’s talk about the boots for a minute, shall we?

I do not have tiny calves. At all. Even a little bit. In fact, after losing almost 100 lbs they are actually 1/4 of an inch BIGGER than they were when I started out on this journey. Talk about unfair, my friends. (Also unfair: my ring finger is the same size. Both of these things are difficult for me to comprehend, DAMNIT!)

Anyway, that was a bit of a sidebar.

Boots are basically impossible for me to find and require a two part experiment. 1: Will they fit around my Incredible Hulk Calves? and 2: Will they look flattering? You see, Number 1 does not guarantee Number 2. I feel like these boots do okay at both and I just recently picked them up with a coupon code that made them $24, shipped — and you know how I am with bargain shoes! I think for $24 it’s worth the experiment to see if I can get comfy with the idea of a more form fitting silhouette.

P1030847

Shirt: Old Navy
Jeans: Old Navy “The Diva” Skinny Jenas
Boots: Right here – check them out if you also have trouble finding good fitting boots.

Now it’s official — Mother Nature, BRING ON FALL!!!

*****

What did you wear today?

Join the group and play a little show and tell.

13 comments to 30 Days of Denim – Day Thirteen

• Tory
    September 13, 2011 at 10:49 am

You look hot! Love the boots!

• bethanyrx
    September 13, 2011 at 11:22 am

I think they’re adorable, and they look great on you! I have the same problem sometimes–feeling slightly uncomfortable and thinking that skinny jeans + boots don’t really look great on me– but then I go somewhere and get tons of compliments, so I try to remind myself that it’s all in my head. 😀

September 13, 2011 at 12:01 pm

Oh man, it’s so in the head right? The more I do scary things the less scary they get. So hopefully that works with skinny jeans, too. heh

• steph
    September 13, 2011 at 11:58 am

You look SO GREAT!!!!!

• Hannah
    September 13, 2011 at 12:25 pm

Holly, you look so beautiful! The jeans look fantastic, and the boots are, well…they’re hot Holly. The whole thing really. Awesome. I keep thinking I should put on jeans and try to throw together a look, but so far I’ve been a little too lazy. Are you by chance thinking of doing a 30 days of yoga pants anytime soon? Cause I’m THERE!

September 13, 2011 at 12:27 pm

Honestly — I’m going to do 30 Days of Not Caring About What I Look Like Because This Is Exhausting next, I’m sure of it. haha! But thank you for the kind words! Really!

September 13, 2011 at 12:59 pm

I have the same problem with boots. My calves have actually gotten bigger with working out and the knee-high boots I have are a b-i-t-c-h to zip. Thanks for the boot tip! Those are super cute. As is your outfit.

September 14, 2011 at 11:11 am

Thanks, lady! If you do end up buying the boots definitely google a coupon code. There were lots out there when I bought them, so don’t pay full price! (Says my inner-80-year-old-cheapo-grandma) :)

• Erica
    September 13, 2011 at 2:04 pm

The people are very excited that the skinny jeans have come back.