Best Week Ever + Good Reads

I might be having the Best Week Ever, you all. Our life is pretty much routine these days, and it’s not that often that every day has something exciting going on. Of course I’d try to find things to be grateful for every day, but this week just had an abundance of crazy good things!

Monday: My cousin Jen had a baby! A beautiful baby boy named Luke. There is something so magical about a new baby. If you want to sneak a peek at his chubby, baby cuteness check him out here.

Tuesday: On Tuesday night, WE BOUGHT A NEW CAR.  Oh man, was it a long time coming! And my Nissan Murano was really giving up the ghost and it was getting stressful. The most fun part about it was when we finished all the paperwork and came out they had put a big bow on it and filled it with water and snacks. I felt like I was in a car commercial. LOL It was kind of a fun little weeknight deviation. Not to mention a great drive to work the next day. Hopefully I’ll figure out how to use it this weekend. After driving a 10+ year old car, let’s just say the technology change for me is a real learning curve. hahahaha

car

Wednesday: Because we were at the car dealership until LAAAAAAAAAAAATE the night before, I was Tired AF on Wednesday. But we made a (new to us) Instant Pot Recipe and not only was it super quick and easy, but it was an 11 out of 10. I love when kitchen experiments work out like that. Here’s the recipe if you want to try it.

IP Recipe

Thursday: My house cleaners came, and seriously I felt like a Praise Emoji walking around my house afterward. They usually come every two weeks, but it had been almost a month due to some schedule conflicts, and I had hosted Christmas, so my house was at DUMPSTER FIRE LEVELS of dirtiness. Coming home yesterday felt so good, and made me excited to enjoy my clean house this weekend. (Man, I guess this is Adulting. haha)

Friday: I mean…it’s Friday! What could be better?

And just for fun, here are some fun things I have read this week in case you feel like perusing the internet while enjoying your weekend:

Have a great weekend, folks!

7 comments to Best Week Ever + Good Reads

• Tracy Flanagan
    January 13, 2019 at 5:55 am

I am so thrilled you started blogging more often in 2019! Your posts, especially about the things you enjoy or you’re trying, are always so bright and fresh and I’m so happy you’re back! I traded in my Jeep Wrangler for a new Ascent in October. The technology is still totally fascinating (and awesome) to me and I’m still having “I didn’t know it could do that” moments. Happy driving!

January 14, 2019 at 8:37 am

Aw, thanks so much! And yeah all the beeping! I have to figure out how to customize that. One new thing a day is about all I can handle 😉

• Kimberly C.
    January 14, 2019 at 7:59 am

What a great week!! Congrats on the new car! Maybe Holden can help you figure out how to use it :)

January 14, 2019 at 8:37 am

HA! I just bought him a shirt that said “Grandma’s Tech Support.” Soon he will for sure be mine! LOL

• Amber
    January 14, 2019 at 8:04 am

Congrats on the new vehicle, very exciting!

Re: reading books over and over again – I sorta figured repetition was a good thing for kids since HBO airs the SAME Sesame Street clips in between the episodes every dang day. It is super annoying as a parent haha!

• Sarah K
    January 14, 2019 at 8:09 am

Scrambled egg link is incorrect?! Am dying for those tips! So nice to have you writing back here. Inspiring me to read more books!

January 14, 2019 at 8:35 am

HA! I just updated that link. Very telling that it was mis-linked with a toddler development link. Oh dear. :)