Rocky Mountain Hi, Hello, How Do You Do?

So.

Colorado.

Super Gorgeous. (Despite the fact that it welcomed me with a hailstorm that seemed quite epic to this California girl!)

Are you surprised? You should not be. In my mind I have decided we are moving here. Do you do this when you see a new town? Immediately decide if you could live there? I can tell you after about 10 minutes. And I’ve decided in the affirmative here. Logistically I haven’t quite figured how we will make that work, but don’t you worry, I’m on it.

For starters, I’ve decided we will just move in with Liz + Mike since their hospitality has been delicious and on top of that, they like to party like it’s 1999 until about 9pm just like I do. So, you know, my people and all. Plus they have an adorable dog (with his own twitter account) that makes all of the Buster/HBB missing that I’ve got going on feel a little less heart wrenching.

I'm missing HBB but luckily I have Moose to keep me company!

I’m trekking up to Estes Park today, and also perhaps squeezing in my first CrossFit wod in Colorado, and can I explain something to you about Colorado? This place is ELEVATED. Like, legit high up. And do you know what that means in real life? It means you get winded trying to do really difficult things like walk AND ALSO talk. Or walk down the stairs. Life is hard you guys, let’s go do it at high intensity with barbells in our hands, shall we?

Anyway, that’s the update from the road. Hope you are having a nice Thursday and hey — maybe I will see you on Saturday, eh?

Toodles!

16 comments to Rocky Mountain Hi, Hello, How Do You Do?

• LizScott
    September 27, 2012 at 9:41 am

staaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

• Elsha
    September 27, 2012 at 9:46 am

Colorado IS pretty awesome.

• Miriel
    September 27, 2012 at 9:49 am

I lived in the Springs for about four months and I remember the first time I tried to go for a run. It was…not pretty. On the other hand, after I worked my way up to a reasonable level of fitness at 6000 feet, I was freaking SUPERWOMAN when I got back to Michigan.

September 27, 2012 at 9:49 am

I’ve always wanted to visit there. I do that with some cities- decide I want to live there. Like Chicago or San Francisco. Other places I just decide I want to visit there repeatedly. :-)

• Linda Sand
    September 27, 2012 at 9:56 am

When I visited my Mom in Denver I would sleep for three days then be fine.

• MC
    September 27, 2012 at 9:56 am

It’s so fun to hear a out your CO adventures. Keep parting until 9pm! (Love that line!)

• Brie
    September 27, 2012 at 10:16 am

So upset that I can’t make! Just left Denver for Durango, CO (second best place in Colorado). Enjoy! The leaves are stunning right now! It takes some time to adapt to the elevation. I posted signs at my CF your seminar. Hope you have a great turnout!

• Tiffany
    September 27, 2012 at 4:02 pm

Very bummed to miss the seminar. You and Mel are my Paleo-Pushing-Motivation-Madres! Hope you have a great turn out and that it ends up being a regular road show.

• bethanyrx
    September 27, 2012 at 5:23 pm

JEALOUSSSS… except for the whole being-winded-all-the-time part. You know. ;)

have a BLAST!

• Lil
    September 27, 2012 at 5:53 pm

I’m stalking the internet(I’m not so adept at computers) trying to find a spare ticket to buy for the Paleo dealeo on Sat. I procrastinate, and it seems they have sold out. (Tears). So so sad here. I even got the hubby and kiddos squared away. So, I will look forward to thorough reports from my pals at Flexgym. If there happens to be an extra little space, I’m there!

• mellissa@ibreatheimhungry
    September 28, 2012 at 6:45 am

We’ve been to Estes Park a couple of times and I love it – it’s gorgeous! Wish we were there to attend your awesome seminar!!! Can’t wait to hear all about it!

• JenCoen
    September 28, 2012 at 12:52 pm

Totally just stalked-out your blog and spent the good part of 3 hours reading your archives (who needs to work… it’s Friday!)
    Moving on.. I want to visit CO so badly and would definitely fur-sure move there without even having stepped foot on it’s elevated land. Can’t wait to hear all about it!

• Michele
    September 30, 2012 at 7:28 am

It was great seeing you on Saturday Holly, You are hilarious, if you ever need more than “just a website” you should try stand up. :)

• Lisa@swisspaleo
    October 1, 2012 at 1:33 am

That is EXACTLY what I do…I picture myself living everywhere I visit. My wish list of places to live is pretty long (and I have really exciting virtual lives in all those places). After looking at those elk pictures that you, Michelle and Melissa have posted, I might have to add Estes Park to my list (although I like the mountains better here in Switzerland even though they are elk-less!).

• Arsy
    October 1, 2012 at 7:46 am

So funny! I do the exact same thing every time I travel! I love Estes Park, so pretty there! Looks like the seminar went great – wish I could have attended!

• Sarah
    October 2, 2012 at 4:01 pm

OMG! I totally do that! That is why vacations are so awesome. I always try to work out the plan to move to the place I’m visiting. ;-)