Also: Ahem…Long Hair, you are officially on notice!
1. I cook a metric ton of food in my house (ok, so that you probably knew) but we do it without the aid of a dishwasher or garbage disposal.
2. If I could eat one thing for the rest of my life with no nutritional repercussions it would HANDS DOWN be garlic bread made on ciabatta with herbs. True Story: when I was little I used to sneak garlic bread from the dinner table and hide it under my bed for later. (SO GROSS, right?)
3. I’ve only been out of the country once, and I honestly don’t fantasize that much about leaving it.
4. I walk and talk in my sleep pretty frequently. Not like every night or anything, but during periods of life anxiety I am a hot mess in the middle of the night. Garrett has some good blackmail stories.
5. When I was young and first started reading “chapter books” I would read the chapters out of order. It took me a LOOOOOONG time to figure out that I was doing it wrong.
6. I can’t really burp.
7. I really love to be creative in the kitchen, but I could eat the same exact thing, 3 meals per day, for a VERY long time before getting sick of it.
8. I didn’t eat seafood until I was 23.
9. I was once over $60,000 in debt. I am currently debt free and feel thankful every day for the lessons I learned working myself out of that. I wish I had been smart enough not to get there in the first place, but it changed me in a fundamental way that I am so grateful for.
10. I have read almost every single Jackie Collins novel and I am not ashamed.
11. When I was 20 a random psychic told me 7 was my love number and that I would one day marry a man I had been with for 7 years. Garrett and I started dating when I was 27. We have been together for 6 1/2 years. 🙂
12. If I had a Travel Bucket List it would include: Spend a Weekend in Palm Springs, Rent a House in the Hamptons, and Spend an Entire Summer in the South.
13. When I worked in coffee and a customer was rude to me I marked their drink “BGD” along with all of the other drink abbreviations. BGD = Bitch Gets Decaf. I used to have a bit of a spiteful side.
14. I once had to be pulled out a mosh pit (HA…mosh pit. That make me sound 80) at Blink 182 concert and I lost my pants in the process. Don’t worry, I got them back. And yes that ranks right up there on my Most Embarrassing Moments list.
15. We own an iron but no ironing board. And it um…doesn’t really impact my life all that severely. I’m a wash and wear kind of gal. Or a throw it in the dryer to get the wrinkles out again and again and again kind of girl.
16. I started this blog in 2006 as a way to get me into a daily writing habit, and understandably some of my archives are pretty embarrassing. But I am so SO glad that this website has become my most passionate hobby in the last 6 years. I have met the best people, learned some amazing things, and now can no longer imagine living my life without it. And I’m thankful every single day that folks like you stop by and say hi!