Wedding Weekend!

So, I’m fairly certain I need to sleep for 24 hours straight!

I took the day off on Friday so we could head down to the bay area to see Garrett’s best friend get married. Aren’t Boy BFFs the cutest? I mean, us girls are always sharing the Best Friend necklaces and telling secrets and having each other’s backs, but there is something a little bit special when you find gentlemen, in their 30s, who have known each other for more than half of their lives, who still share the ups and downs of their lives on the regular. I don’t know, I think it’s pretty cute.

So Friday was the rehearsal//dinner and Saturday was the big day. But we were also lucky enough to squeeze in some family time by staying with Garrett’s uncle on Friday night — which is always a good time. They are two peas in a pod, those guys, so I was basically entertained the entire time we were there — even just around the breakfast table.

Oh, did I mention Garrett was the Best Man?

(Who doesn’t love a dude in a tux?)

So obviously he had a little bit of nervous energy throughout the weekend. All the anticipation of ring holding and speech giving had him a bit preoccupied, but once that was out of the way it was all drinking and dancing and celebrating for the rest of the evening! He totally killed it on the speech — EVERYONE loved it and spent the rest of the evening telling him so — which made me feel very proud. He was so nervous and just wanted it to be perfect for Eric, and honestly (even though I know I see through rose colored glasses) it WAS perfect!

I was excited (obviously for the event itself) but also because it meant I got to wear some fun dresses! Woot!

I treated myself to an airbrush tan beforehand — you know, due to unaccessorizable CrossFit injuries I was sporting on my legs — so I’ll be giving you the ins and outs of that this week. Sneak Preview: One Part awkward//One Part Awesome.

All in all a great time was had by everyone!

photophoto

Especially the bride and groom! I can’t wait to see the good pictures that a non-drunk person with a better than an iPhone-camera took.

It was a quick and memorable weekend with little sleeping, terrible eating and lots of…well you know…

Glad to be back to my routine, but so happy we got to be a part of such a momentous occasion!

Congrats Eric + Annie!

14 comments to Wedding Weekend!

• Erin
    April 3, 2012 at 11:42 am

Looks like a fun time all around! That dress you wore to the wedding is smokin’ hot! Love it!

April 3, 2012 at 3:34 pm

Thanks Erin! We rarely dress up both at the same time, so we had a good time getting dolled up.

• AndreAnna
    April 3, 2012 at 11:48 am

You both look sexxaaay and I’m so glad you had a great weekend!!

• chelsea
    April 3, 2012 at 11:48 am

YAY WEDDINGS. Not that I’m biased right now or anything.

And, whoa, hot babe comin’ through in your wedding attire.

April 3, 2012 at 3:32 pm

HA! Thanks!

I’m so excited for your wedding! I’ve got all the self tan scoop coming up for you this week. :)

April 3, 2012 at 1:24 pm

Man in a tux = hubba. Actually, men in suits really get me excited. I can’t wait to see Darcy in one (he never dresses up!).

I love guys who are BFFs. When we got engaged it was Darcy’s oldest friend and best man who asked him the “girlie” details like how did you propose, etc. So cute.

April 3, 2012 at 3:31 pm

Men in Suits are fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine!

Speaking of looking fine, your wedding dress is AMAZING! So glad you found such a great one on a whim!

• Home Sweet Sarah
    April 3, 2012 at 1:33 pm

DAYUM! Looking shhhhhmoking! The both of yous!

• Home Sweet Sarah
    April 3, 2012 at 1:34 pm

P.S. I made that Dijon sauce on a pork chop last night and it was BOMB. Thanks for linking :-)

April 3, 2012 at 3:31 pm

Right? I reallllllly enjoyed it! I chopped up some shallots and threw them in there too just because I had some and thought it would be tasty. We poured a little over asparagus too and I have to say, I might make it again just to put on vegetables for a little something special!

(Also…thanks for the compliments, friend!)

• Melissa "Melicious" Joulwan
    April 3, 2012 at 5:23 pm

Seriously, Holly — you look so beautiful in the pics. Love that dress you wore to the wedding!

• Maureen
    April 4, 2012 at 11:44 am

Just wanted to chime in with the others-you both look beautiful! I love your dresses, you were totally rocking them.

• Jesabes
    April 4, 2012 at 11:13 pm

I LOVE your wedding outfit. You look fantastic!

• I Tried It: Airbrush Tanning
    April 10, 2012 at 8:10 am

[…] post fun things I come across and general daily updates. Thanks for stopping by!The week before our Wedding Weekend Extravaganza I took to getting myself a fancy pants spray tan. My skin is incredibly pale, and while I’m […]