Welcome!Hey there! I'm Holly. A 40+ year old insurance-nerd wife, mom, beauty lover, and about a million other things in between. This is the place where I share about our lives, what I'm currently loving, books I'm reading, plus-size style, beauty recommendations, health + fitness endeavors and anything else I'm finding interesting at the moment. Thanks for stopping by!
Looking For Something?
Tag Archives: Chocolate
I’ve been wanting to post a treat for a while but with so many doing the Whole 30 it seemed like it would be kind of a jerk move. But now that it’s over…BRING ON THE TREATS! Ok, let’s not go HOG WILD, but this one is worth a share. I made these for my CrossFit buddies and they got rave reviews, so then I tried them again at Super Bowl and they are a keeper.
I got the inspiration from the Best Damn Brownie Recipe over at WOD Fuel, made a few tweaks and then turned it into Brownie Bites because, for me, having an entire tray of brownies sitting around is DANGEROUS. (Pass me a fork!) But having “bites” around force me to have a little more self control.
*Note: I said A LITTLE. 🙂
Anyway, super simple ingredients and method. Try them the next time you are craving a sweet treat! With only half a cup of honey for about 20 servings, it’s not too crazy.
Paleo Chocolate Chunk Brownie Bites
- 3 ounces 50% or higher Dark Chocolate, broken into squares
- ½ Cup Ghee
- ½ Cup Honey
- 2 Eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup Almond Flour
- 1 Tablespoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- ½ teaspoon Sea Salt
- 3.5 ounces 70% or higher Dark Chocolate, chopped into chunks
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and grease a mini muffin pan
- In a microwave safe dish, melt your ghee with the first 3 oz of dark chocolate squares until just melted.
- Stir honey into the chocolate/ghee mixture
- Stir in the beaten eggs along with the almond flour, vanilla and sea salt and mix until smooth
- Fold the chunked chocolate into the batter
- Scoop batter into the muffin pan filling each with a little over a Tablespoon of batter
- Bake for 17-19 minutes
- Cool for 15 minutes and serve
- Store in the refrigerator before serving if you prefer harder brownies, leave out if you prefer softer
Wasn’t I just talking about how I wanted to get right back on the wagon of healthy eating? And now I’m posting a cookie recipe?
Yes. And Yes.
And this little miracle cookie is not only tasty but packs a punch of protein and deliciousness while completely avoiding grains, gluten and refined sugars. It’s honey sweetened, so it’s definitely still a treat, but this quick and easy recipe was just too tasty to keep to myself. It only uses one bowl and can be whipped up in about 25 minutes from start to finish in case you are having a dire chocolate craving and a moment of desperation.
Or so I’ve heard.
I mentioned on Christmas that I found a Paleo dessert option in Leanne’s Chewy Vanilla Coconut Cookies. They were a hit (even with non-Paleo folks) so I bookmarked them in the back of my brain to tinker with later.
Fast forward to the last night when Garrett and I were kind of craving a treat but had only cupboards full of healthy stuff from my trip to the store earlier. I thought of Leanne’s cookies but was really wanting something chocolatey delicious so I decided to put my own chocolate spin on them and get a little bonus protein! Chocolate + Almond + Coconut = AMAZINGNESS! They hit the craving spot and we never looked back. Enjoyable and guilt free. Just how I like it.
Choco-nut Almond Protein Cookies
Makes 8 cookies
2 C finely shredded unsweetened coconut
1/4 C Chocolate Protein Powder
1/4 C Almond flour
1/4 C Water
1/2 C Honey
2 eggs, beaten
1 tsp Pure Almond Extract
1. Preheat oven to 350, then line a baking sheet with parchment paper
2. Mix all ingredients in a medium bowl. One bowl! I love a cookie that only requires one bowl!
3. Divide mix into 8 equal sized little dollps and place on parchment. The “dough” will be sticky. That’s ok.
4. Bake for 15-18 minutes
5. Let cool and enjoy!