I like to joke that Target has a cover charge. It doesn’t matter what’s on that list of yours, when you walk in those doors you know you aren’t getting out of there for at least $50, right? There’s just TOO MUCH GOOD STUFF!
When I was approached by BlogHer to try out Target’s Cartwheel program because it promised to help me save money shopping with ease, I was dubious at best. I am usually pretty underwhelmed by coupon programs and websites because I buy a lot of fresh food — and no one really gives away coupons for broccoli, you know?
But I buy all kinds of stuff at Target, not just groceries, so I figured it was worth checking things out. Also, I know a lot of you are not only bargain shoppers but die-hard Target lovers like myself, so if you hadn’t heard of Cartwheel I thought this could be useful. And you know I only like accepting sponsorship opportunities that interest me or might be useful to you! Cartwheel is basically a coupon program to help you save money on stuff you already buy, so I’m going to run down a few basics and then tell you what I thought. And then of course at the bottom is a super awesome GIVEAWAY. Seriously, I’d like to enter myself!
* There are more than 700 offers (coupons) in Cartwheel (and for the record, they can only be used on in-store purchases, not online)
* Cartwheel can be used on your desktop, tablet, mobile web or iPhone and Droid apps.
* If you use the app, you can scan any barcode in store to see if that item has a Cartwheel offer on it.
* If you use your Facebook login to sign up with Cartwheel (which is what I did, but you can also just sign up with email) you can see what offers your friends have on their Cartwheel lists. (Worth nothing: If you want to use your Facebook login, but do not want your Cartwheel activity posted to Facebook you can manage that by not allowing Facebook to post on your behalf during the authentication process.) Also, you can add any offer to your list as “private.” (Because Facebook doesn’t need to know you saved $1.00 on your tampons, AMIRIGHT?)
* You can stack manufacturers’ coupons on top of Cartwheel savings.
So first things first, it can be a little overwhelming. The first time I logged in I was in the store on my iPhone and there was A LOT of data and coupon offers to sift through and I just shut it down. But the second time I opened it I was at home, on our office computer and everything just made so much more sense! I would definitely recommend setting aside some time BEFORE you head into the store.
When I finally did that, I was really impressed that there were a lot of offers for things I already buy — which I LOVE. I’m used to coupon sites having a bunch of crap I don’t buy. There were even coupons for Applegate Farms deli meats — so like, actual grocery items that I wouldn’t usually even shop for at Target but when I priced compared, were a GREAT deal.
The entire website is sort of game like in that you add more potential space for offers by “unlocking” badges and to be honest, all of that is a little too much for me to keep up on. But the last time I was there I did use the scan function to see if there were Cartwheel deals on things that I had brought coupons for and I scored on a few! The bottom line though is that the Cartwheel app is FREE and you could save a few bucks! So why not I say?
Today’s giveaway is just about the best giveaway I could imagine: a $1,000 Target GiftCard®.
Yes, you read that correctly: ONE THOUSAND DOLLARS.
All you need to do to enter is to answer the following: What is one impulse purchase you’d love to see available in Cartwheel?
Tell me in the comments to be entered to win!
No duplicate comments.
You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
1. Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
2. Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
3. Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
4. For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older. Winner will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. The notification email will come directly from BlogHer via the sweeps@blogher email address. You will have 72 hours to respond, otherwise a new winner will be selected.
The Official Rules are available here.
This sweepstakes runs from 1/30 – 2/28.
Be sure to visit the Target Cartwheel brand page on BlogHer.com where you can read other bloggers’ posts!