Fun Things To Read On A Friday

Stop working! It's the weekend! #INYOFACE

Buster would like to remind you all that it is Friday, and that NO ONE should be working on Friday. :)

How are you all this week? Over here things were pretty mellow until yesterday when I ended up at the vet with Buster. I think that dog gets antsy if he doesn’t see the vet once a month. He must like the treats there or something, because MAN — THE FREQUENCY! He’s on the mend we think, so nothing to worry about, but that sure threw a wrench in my Thursday.

Anyway, what are you up to this weekend? Are you watching the Super Bowl? I don’t know if I can bring myself to watch it — the 49ers loss still feels SO RAW. :) We’ll see. Beyond that I’m thinking some workouts, some cooking, some reading — you know, the stuff weekends should ALWAYS be made of!

In the meantime, let’s get to the links, shall we?

*The LA Times ran a nice feature on Sacramento as a vacation destination this week and I was like “HEY! That’s my town!” Also, one of my most favorite Mexican restaurants!

*Do you all know about glutamine’s super powers? This explanation is so clear and concise. I can totally vouch for the part about sugar cravings.

*This week PaleOMG did a round up of 48 Paleo Super Bowl Snacks. They look pretty delicious! And speaking of delicious, this week I made her Overnight Coffee Chia Breakfast Pudding (with Chameleon Cold Brew, SCHWING!) and it was a totally fun morning treat.

*OHMYGOD Did I just say Schwing? I think I did.

*Did you read this Yahoo! article on the Best/Worst health trends of 2013? It ruffled a lot of feathers because it included Whole 30 on the worst list. Since I love the Whole 30 I just rolled my eyes at it, but this eloquent rebuttal was definitely worth a read. I especially loved this:

We have got to stop equating weight loss to health because they may be connected, but they are not one and the same.

*100% validation for my unapologetic crush on Pitbull.

*Speaking of unapologetic love: 15 Things You Didn’t Know About Chipotle. It’s like a rabbit hole of awesome!

*I’m intrigued by the topics of this book. What are you reading right now, by the way. My library queue is low.

*This article about two twins, one who gave up sugar and one who gave up fat was awesome!

*Last weekend I used this recipe to make Garrett some cioppino and he said he had died and gone to heaven. Ringing endorsement, I’d say!

Hope whatever is on your weekend agenda is awesome!!!

9 comments to Fun Things To Read On A Friday

• Melissa "Melicious" Joulwan
    January 31, 2014 at 9:50 am

OMG. I totally love Pitbull, too. Don’t tell anyone! ;-)

“That’s why they call me Mr. Worldwide…”

• Traci
    January 31, 2014 at 10:19 am

I always love random lists, especially on Fridays! I found the article about the twins interesting (although not surprising).

• LizScott
    January 31, 2014 at 10:37 am

Library queue is low? Did you not read Bread and wine yet HUUUH?

February 4, 2014 at 9:34 am

I’m 5 of 6 on the library hold list. Apparently my library is lame because they only have ONE copy. BOO.

• Elizabeth
    January 31, 2014 at 11:39 am

I haven’t even gotten to the links yet, but I have to say that I feel ya. I’m a Patriots fan, and I feel exactly the same way about our loss. So I think I’m going to just watch the halftime show.

• Maureen
    February 1, 2014 at 10:04 am

I’m a Bears fan-but I am looking forward to the Superbowl! I like both teams, and Seattle is kind of the de facto home team around here in a way, I’m in Anchorage. Maybe because we spend a lot of time in the airport there? Ha!

I am currently reading Mansfield Park for my book club, but I have the newest Flavia De Luce mystery waiting for me. I am also reading Mr. Penunmbra’s 24 Hour Bookstore, by Robin Sloan-which is very enjoyable so far. Oh-and just finished No Bed Of Roses by Joan Fontaine-I got it from the Interlibrary Loan through the library. A very entertaining read, and she does dish the dirt! A great book for anyone interested in that era of movie making.

• Erica
    February 1, 2014 at 9:04 pm

CHAMELEON COLD BREW. One of Austin’s finest exports.

February 4, 2014 at 9:32 am

So addicting! I wanted to order some online — my Whole Foods only carries the Original and the Mocha (and even then only occasionally on this one) but hot damn the shipping was seriously cost prohibitive. I guess I just have to move to Austin now. :)

• PB fudge6 (1 of 1)