Welcome!Hey there! I'm Holly. A 40+ year old insurance-nerd wife, mom, beauty lover, and about a million other things in between. This is the place where I share about our lives, what I'm currently loving, books I'm reading, plus-size style, beauty recommendations, health + fitness endeavors and anything else I'm finding interesting at the moment. Thanks for stopping by!
Looking For Something?
Daily Archives: July 24, 2013
We haven’t had much book talk around here lately — let’s remedy that! Here’s what I have recently read, what I’m currently reading, and what’s in the queue.
I’ve been on a bit of a non-fiction kick lately, clearly:
1. Nourishing Traditions by Sally Fallon — Billed as 1 part Science, 1 part Traditional Wisdom, 2 parts Cookbook, I really loved this insight into the Weston A Price school of thought.
2. Lean In: Women, Work and the Will to Lead by Sheryl Sandberg — Billed as modern day career advice mixed with memoir, I thought this book was insightful and interesting and helped me ask myself questions that illuminated what I want in my own career.
3. Getting Things Done: The Art of Stress Free Productivity — A detailed guide to taking care of business in a foolproof way. I loved just about every page of this.
While I’m traveling I intend to full immerse myself in some distracting fiction and a promising memoir:
4. The Age of Miracles by Karen Thompson Walker — A coming of age tale with beautiful writing? Right up my alley!
5. World War Z by Max Brooks — While I am generally not into zombie stories, I hear this one goes so much deeper and that the movie obliterated the book. Best read it first.
6. My Life in France by Julia Child — Our book club pick this month and I could not be more excited to dig in!
And here’s what is waiting for me at the library:
7. The Vegetarian Myth: Food, Justice and Sustainability by Lierre Keith — I hear some really interesting facts about this book recently that made me really think. Curious to finally read this book after hearing so much about it over the years.
8. Life After Life by Kate Atkinson — What is not to love about Kate Atkinson? I’ve heard so much about her unique new novel. Curious to see if I’ll love it or hate it.
9. The Round House by Louise Erdrich — Intriguing plot? Amazing Writer? Yes please.
What does your Currently//Recently//In The Queue look like?