Not that you all were tapping your toes with worry or anything, but I just wanted to check in and give you an update since I’m usually around here pretty frequently and I’ve been MIA lately.
So hey — Update # 1: I’m not actually dead!
2. The short story is that last Tuesday I was offered a new position at Ye Olde Day Job and I accepted and have been playing Crazy Town Catch Up and doing two jobs at once ever since. It’s a good opportunity for me, and actually one that has been out there in the ether being a “Potential Opportunity” since November of last year. It feels nice, after almost 3 months, to have a finite role laid out. It’s a good situation for me and Garrett and I’m very excited to be doing it. But it does mean that things will probably be changing around here at least in the near near future until I can get back on my feet organization wise. And since it’s the day job and all, I’ve probably said plenty enough about it and just need to shut up now.
3. Well no, I’m going to say one more thing: So you know how it has been 3 months of up in the air? Well I finally got the official news Tuesday afternoon, which is only noteable because I had dropped Garrett off at the airport Tuesday morning at the airport for a 9 day trip to see his parents out at their property. So basically this means that Tuesday night I was toasting in celebration alone. I mean, you can almost hear the sad trombone playing, right? At least the following night my mom came out to my house and we grilled up some steaks and cracked open a bottle of wine and well, her celebrating is a bit more animated than Buster’s. He likes to show his excitement by snoring on the couch, which is adorable and all, but not so festive.
4. Since Garrett is out of town I am totally feeling out of whack and out of routine and OHMYGOD I am just a giant routine nerd. I feel like a really inflexible dolt when I get out of my routines and I’m seriously panicking that I’m going to up and lock my keys in the car again or something because I’m so all over the place. My brain needs a massage.
5. I’ve been working SO MUCH so I’ve hardly worked out, but that’s probably a good thing since Garrett is the main laundry handler at our house and right now the laundry jungle is looking a little, ahem…overgrown. So I’m actually doing myself a favor by not working out. Or that’s what I keep telling myself.
6. I did manage to workout once last week and then also go to a THREE HOUR lifting seminar on Saturday morning. I learned a ton! It was super fun. But it was also like, 3 hours of doing squats. My legs are a little hurt-y today, you know? Afterward though I hosted a little Ladies Night for my gym gals and I completely used that as an excuse to make up for the lost champagne of Tuesday night.
7. I’m really ready for Garrett to come home and life to get back to normal, but I don’t even know what normal looks like with this new job, etc etc — so I guess I just need to get comfortable with being uncomfortable, eh? I hate when I have to take my own advice. I have an appointment with a chiropractor Wednesday and my knee is feeling a little bit better so I’m hoping to get back to running this week. Cross your fingers for me would ya?
How the hell are all of YOU? What’s going on in your neck of the woods? Did you watch the Oscars last night? Was it just me or were they….kind of weird?