Welcome!Hey there! I'm Holly. A 40+ year old Wife to Garrett, Mom to Holden and a million other things in between. This is the place where I share about our lives, what we are currently loving, books I'm reading, plus-size style, beauty recommendations, health + fitness endeavors and anything else I'm finding interesting at the moment. Thanks for stopping by!
Looking For Something?
Daily Archives: February 6, 2013
I’ve been wanting to post a treat for a while but with so many doing the Whole 30 it seemed like it would be kind of a jerk move. But now that it’s over…BRING ON THE TREATS! Ok, let’s not go HOG WILD, but this one is worth a share. I made these for my CrossFit buddies and they got rave reviews, so then I tried them again at Super Bowl and they are a keeper.
I got the inspiration from the Best Damn Brownie Recipe over at WOD Fuel, made a few tweaks and then turned it into Brownie Bites because, for me, having an entire tray of brownies sitting around is DANGEROUS. (Pass me a fork!) But having “bites” around force me to have a little more self control.
*Note: I said A LITTLE. 🙂
Anyway, super simple ingredients and method. Try them the next time you are craving a sweet treat! With only half a cup of honey for about 20 servings, it’s not too crazy.
Paleo Chocolate Chunk Brownie Bites
- 3 ounces 50% or higher Dark Chocolate, broken into squares
- ½ Cup Ghee
- ½ Cup Honey
- 2 Eggs, beaten
- ¾ cup Almond Flour
- 1 Tablespoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- ½ teaspoon Sea Salt
- 3.5 ounces 70% or higher Dark Chocolate, chopped into chunks
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and grease a mini muffin pan
- In a microwave safe dish, melt your ghee with the first 3 oz of dark chocolate squares until just melted.
- Stir honey into the chocolate/ghee mixture
- Stir in the beaten eggs along with the almond flour, vanilla and sea salt and mix until smooth
- Fold the chunked chocolate into the batter
- Scoop batter into the muffin pan filling each with a little over a Tablespoon of batter
- Bake for 17-19 minutes
- Cool for 15 minutes and serve
- Store in the refrigerator before serving if you prefer harder brownies, leave out if you prefer softer