Make these, please. Would you? It’s a simple request really and will only cost you about 30 minutes of your time. I’m not a super huge muffin fan — I mean, I like them just fine, but I don’t dream about them. And I’m going to be honest with you and tell you that these muffins were mostly born from the need to use up some raspberries in the fridge and to find something for breakfast the following day. Last week the groceries around our here were slim pickins!
So I mixed them up, sprinkled some almonds on top, walked away and hoped for the best. The good news? Holy YUM — these were amazing! The bad news? They didn’t make it to breakfast the next day if you know what I’m saying. I think these may be my favorite paleo muffins yet. They have a fluffy egg base so they pack a protein punch, but the sweetness of the honey and raspberries really make you feel like you’re having a treat. Maybe that’s why we treated them like dessert, ahem.
I wouldn’t make them for breakfast every day, but for a treat — they are SCRUMPTIOUS!
Ok, find, we’ve made them 3 times since. (So much for treats, eh?)
- 6 eggs
- ⅓ cup honey
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- ⅓ cup melted and slightly cooled grassfed butter or ghee
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 banana, chopped finely
- 1 pint of raspberries
- handful of sliced almonds to garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix eggs, honey and vanilla together until mostly combined
- Add in cooled but still melted butter
- Add coconut flour and baking soda to your wet mixture
- Add diced banana and whole raspberries to mixture
- Pour into silicone baking cups or greased muffin tin
- Sprinkle tops with sliced almonds
- Bake 20-25 min.
Do you have a muffin recipe that rocks your world? Extra credit if you leave me a link to that recipe.