I am on a personal mission to make the world love chicken thighs. Boneless, skinless chicken thighs particularly, so I thought I should get my agenda right out there in the open. If you are even the slightest bit scared to cooked chicken thighs but you are willing to test out something quick and easy, THIS is your recipe. (I’m looking at you Mom and Aunt Louise!) There is little prep and the entire dish comes together in under 20 minutes from fridge to table. Also, your chicken thighs get those crispy little bits that you can get on the grill without having to brave the outdoors and who doesn’t love crispy little bits? I mean, come on.
If you are a lover of chicken thighs (Please, join the club, would you? For the love.) you will enjoy adding this to your arsenal of weeknight recipes, I promise! I adapted it from a Cooking Light recipe and it says something like “Our most popular chicken recipe ever.” EVER, you guys. So you know it has to be pretty good. Serve it along side some sauteed greens (mustard greens, pictured above) or a big salad — HOW GOOD DOES A BIG SALAD SOUND AT THIS TIME OF YEAR??? — and get on to all those other things you need to do after dinner!
Quick. Convenient. Tasty. Chicken.
(All of a sudden I feel like Dale Jr. in those Wrangler ads – Real. Comfortable. Jeans.)
It’s the Wrangler of Chicken Recipes! EAT THEM ALREADY!
Honey Spiced Chicken Thighs
Adapted from Cooking Light
3 teaspoons garlic powder
3 teaspoons chili powder
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
1/2-1 teaspoon cayenne pepper (depending on how spicy you like things)
12 skinless, boneless chicken thighs
9 tablespoons honey
3 teaspoons cider vinegar
1. Get your broiler nice and hot!
2. Combine first 6 ingredients (your dry rub) in a large bowl. Add chicken to bowl; toss to coat.
3. Place chicken on a cookie sheet lined with a rack.
4. Broil chicken 5 minutes on each side with your cookie sheet on the high rack in your oven.
5. Combine honey and vinegar in a small bowl, stirring well.
6. Remove chicken from oven; brush half of the honey mixture on chicken. Broil 1 minute.
7. Remove chicken from oven and turn over. Brush chicken with remaining honey mixture. Broil 1 additional minute or until chicken is done.